Moto doodles!

Well, it's that time of year again--classes are over and I am free to embark on my end-of-semester lecture notes doodle roundup. Once upon a time, I wanted to be a graphic novelist and this was a big event; however, when you are studying engineering as opposed to English, you actually have to pay attention in class or else you get a bad grade. Who would have thought? Thus, all I have to show for myself are the few deformed motorcycles gathered below:


Funny, you think you know what a bike looks like, and then you try to draw one from memory. Not so much.

It's been a while since I posted any illustrations to go with my race reports on this blog--I stopped doing so in the interest of time, since my bike-drawing skills are suspect and remedying this would take a lot of effort. However, circumstances recently turned in my favor--my bike is in the kitchen sans suspension, which is in Colorado becoming awesome thanks to Enduro Spec Suspension (further bulletins on that when it comes back, can't wait!).


I took this golden opportunity to draw the beast from life, in pen--my favorite medium, perfect for those who are over-confident in their abilities and too lazy to erase anyway. It's taking forever, but maybe when I have a better idea of what the thing looks like, future drawings will come easier. I'll post the finished version when I'm done--but don't hold your breath, because I have finals all next week. C in calculus or bust! Maybe I should have applied to an MFA program instead.




Comments